Pyongyang, November 16 (KCNA) — Four South Koreans who miraculously survived GIs’ massacre in Rogun-ri in July, 1950, visited the U.S. Defense Department on November 12 to lodge a protest with it, a foreign news report said.
At a meeting with high-ranking officials of Pentagon they denounced the massacre committed by GIs at that time.
Kum Cho Ja, 61, and Yang Hae Suk of the same age produced material evidence proving the massacre before the high-ranking officials of Pentagon. Kum showed football-sized bluish scar on the right part of her waist caused by a piercing bullet-wound, while yang took out her left artificial eye, which had been applied to her as a substitute for the eye hurt by a U.S. air raid. They denounced the crimes perpetrated by the brutes and spoke of the untold pains undergone by them.
Jong Ku Hak, another survivor, showed to them his face that looked ugly without nose and because of torn upper lip, strongly demanding the u.s. authorities make compensation to them.
At the end of the meeting, they had a press conference at which they issued a statement.
The statement said “the massacre in Rogun-ri was committed by GIs against innocent civilians in wanton violation of human rights.”
Image credit: https://www.flickr.com/photos/julianacunha/8393404067/