Pyongyang, May 20 (KCNA) — It has been disclosed that the United States worked out “OPLAN 8022-02”, a scenario of preemptive nuclear attack on the DPRK, in top secrecy last year.
In this regard a spokesman for the Committee for the Peaceful Reunification of the Fatherland issued a statement on Thursday.
This plan said to be approved by U.S. Secretary of Defense Rumsfeld is extremely provocative in content which calls for striking the designated targets swiftly and accurately by air-raid and neutralizing north Korea’s reaction by electronic and cyber attack before removing and seizing its nuclear devices by hurling small special units.
It is a very dangerous plan for a war against the DPRK which envisages that the U.S. would invent a pretext of a certain “sign” any moment to mount a preemptive nuclear attack on the DPRK as it is a measure to cope with north Korea’s missile attack on the U.S. mainland or a sign of imminent attack, the statement says, and goes on:
This shows the U.S. phraseology that it recognizes north Korea as a sovereign state and it has no intention to invade the latter is a lie and its eloquence about the six-party talks is a rhetoric and its real intention is to stifle the DPRK.
It is only too natural for the DPRK to increase self-defensive nuclear deterrent to defend the dignity and security of the nation under the condition that the U.S. has worked out even the plan for a preemptive nuclear attack on the DPRK in top secrecy while getting frantic in the nuclear racket against it.
The DPRK is prepared to counter any aggression and provocation of the U.S.
If the U.S. ventured a preemptive nuclear attack on the DPRK under an absurd pretext, the army and the people of the latter would mercilessly punish the aggressor and provoker with the powerful nuclear deterrent they have built with much effort.
Image credit: https://www.flickr.com/photos/northkoreatravel/15362230308/