English

Forum to Memory of Korean Victims of Air Raid on Tokyo

Tokyo, March 15 (KNS-KCNA) — A forum to the memory of the Korean victims took place in Tokyo on March 6, 61 years after a big air raid on Tokyo in March 1945, the last year of the Second World War. It was sponsored by the Tokyo group for probing the truth behind the forcible drafting of Koreans.

It was addressed by Kim Jong Chol, a delegate of the Korean side, Mizuho Fukushima, leader of the Social Democratic Party of Japan, and others. They said it was disclosed toward the end of last year that the names of at least 50 Koreans were recorded in the list of remains at the Tokyo Metropolitan Memorial Hall where remains of the victims of the air raid on Tokyo who were not identified or whose bereaved families could not be found were buried.

They underscored the need to probe the truth behind the Korean victims of the air raid which have not been known and identify the remains with the forum as a momentum.
The forum introduced testimonies made by 27 Koreans who were damaged by the air raid.

Ri Il Man, secretary general of the Korean side to the group, said that it was supposed that more than 10,000 Koreans were killed due to the forcible drafting and air raid. Katsumoto Saotome, curator of the Japanese Centre of Damage Data of Big Air Raid on Tokyo, said the centre should record even the damage of Koreans by the air raid.

Image credit: https://www.flickr.com/photos/htsh_kkch/1271159178/

Related posts: