Pyongyang, June 26 (KCNA) — The U.S. imperialists, who unleashed the Korean war on June 25, 1950, destroyed many valuable historical and cultural relics in the Kaesong area of Korea.
Kaesong was the capital of Koryo Dynasty, the first unified state in the history of Korea. There were in the city some 100 historical and cultural remains including the Mausoleum of King Wang Kon, founder of Koryo, Manwol Hill which was the site of royal palace, Songgyungwan which was a confucian college, Nam Gate and Sonjuk Bridge.
In 1949 one year before the start of the Korean war, the U.S. aggressors were engrossed in perpetrating armed provocations in the Mt. Songak area. And at the same time, they forced south Korean troops to raze castle walls at the foot of Mt. Songak and foundation stones on Manwol Hill with bulldozers and other machines to build batteries. They turned the 1,000-odd year-old buildings of Songyungwan into ordnance depot.
During the Korean war they used bombs, shells and even germ bombs in Kaesong and its surroundings in gross violation of the human morality and international laws to convert the areas into war debris and demolish a lot of historical relics.
Owing to the criminal acts of the U.S. imperialist invaders, mausoleums of kings, old tombs and tomb structures were destroyed or burnt and the Nam Gate and Mokchong Hall were ravaged beyond recognition.
The relics were restored after the ceasefire. But the marks of bullets and shells which remain on the Yonbok Temple bell on the Nam Gate and other historical relics in the Kaesong area indict the criminal acts of the aggressors to the world as the witnesses of history.
For Spanish-speaking people
Image credit: https://www.flickr.com/photos/nemethv/23358219571/