Pyongyang, June 30 (KCNA) — The construction of Kim Won Gyun Pyongyang Conservatory was completed as a grand seat for musical education in the Songun era.
The conservatory, another monumental edifice, covers a plottage of five hectares on the bank of the River Taedong.
Standing in front of the main building is the bust of Kim Won Gyun, famous composer, (1917 – 2002) who dedicated himself to the development of music and the training of reserve artistes of the country with distinguished artistic talent.
The conservatory has a main building, buildings for a special education, annexes, a concert hall, several auditoriums, a gymnasium and cultural and welfare facilities.
The nine-storied main building is occupied by faculties and chairs of social sciences, rooms for teaching general subjects, foreign languages and computer, a library, the composition faculty and a musical institute.
With the help of computer MIDI program, the students of the composition faculty can conduct creative activities and appreciate what they have just composed without musical instrument players.
In the two seven-storied buildings for special education, students are given lectures on special subjects in the form of individual lesson.
There are the national instrument faculty and the vocal music faculty in the building for special education No. one and the doctoral institute and the instrument faculty in the building No. two.
All the rooms of the buildings for special education are equipped with sound-proof devices and video and tape recorders.
The concert hall with an 800-seating capacity is arranged in splendour.
The 60-, 80- and 300-seated auditoriums and the gymnasium are furnished with all necessary facilities.
Image credit: https://www.flickr.com/photos/mononukleoza/5339353744/