Pyongyang, June 24 (KCNA) — The Consultative Council for National Reconciliation (CCNR) issued an open questionnaire addressed to the south Korean authorities on Friday.
In the questionnaire, the Council said that the statement of the Committee for the Peaceful Reunification of the Country of the DPRK, which clarified the principled stand to usher in a new era for the improved north-south relations and independent reunification on the basis of the noble idea of By Our Nation Itself on the occasion of the 17th anniversary of the June 15 joint declaration, has commanded unanimous support of all the fellow countrymen in the north and the south and abroad.
But the present south Korean authorities keep mum about the fundamental and principled issue for improvement of the north-south relations, reading the faces of the U.S. and the conservative group, and do not hesitate to reveal their scheme for sanctions and pressure on the DPRK, finding fault with its legitimate step for bolstering the nuclear force for self-defense, it pointed out.
Saying that due to such irresolute and inappropriate attitude, the north-south relations still fail to escape from the mire of catastrophe even an inch, in like manner as the period of the conservative regime, the CCNR made the following open questionnaire to the south Korean authorities in the name of the whole nation:
1. Do you have a willingness to reject cooperation with foreign forces and solve the north-south relations independently on the basis of the idea of By Our Nation Itself.
2. Can you make a decision to stop the south Korea-U.S. joint military exercises, main factor of aggravating the situation on the Korean peninsula.
3. Do you have a will to unconditionally stop all sorts of mud-slinging inciting mistrust and animosity between the fellow countrymen.
4. Can you respond to the DPRK’s stand on taking practical measures to remove military conflicts between the north and the south.
5. Are you ready to come out for a dialogue with the DPRK, without raising “the north’s nuclear issue”.
6. Can you retract the stand for “sanctions and pressure accompanied by dialogue”, recognizing that it would only worsen the north-south relations.
7. Can you take bold steps to liquidate the wrongdoings of the conservative group of traitors that brought catastrophic results–total rupture of the north-south relations.
8. Can you show their willingness for improved north-south relations by repatriating DPRK women citizens who were abducted by the conservative group.
9. Can you actively join in the unanimous desire and efforts of all the fellow countrymen in the north and the south and overseas for holding a pan-national conference.
The south Korean authorities should give definite answers to these questions reflecting the will of the whole nation, mindful that all Koreans are watching their attitude, the Council stressed.
Image credit: https://www.flickr.com/photos/robysaltori/5778670202/